Current Region: Global (EN)
This site uses some unobtrusive cookies to store information on your computer. By using the website, you hereby agree on cookies storage.
How can we help you?
Turbomolecular pumps from Welch are used in the pressure range from 1x10-1 mbar to 1x10-10 mbar. To generate high and ultra-high vacuum, turbomolecular pumps are equipped with an integrated low vacuum stage.
Its oil-free characteristic guarantees that no self-generation of light gases from hydrocarbon cracking products can arise. To prevent the pump being contaminated by oils, greases or their decomposition products, turbomolecular pumps are equipped with dry, solid-lubricated hybrid bearings with ceramic balls.
Additional product features:
- Automatic switch off to increase lifetime of fore-vacuum pump
- Monobloc rotors with extremely low residual vibrations
- Special blade design for a high pumping speed and a high compression ratio, particularly for light gases
- The gap-free rotor structure gives fast degassing on the high vacuum side
- Fore-vacuum limiting pressure up to several mbars
- Any operating position
- Very quiet operation, minimal sound level
- Maintenance free under normal operation
- Small dimensions, low weight
- Optional air or water cooling
SST turbomolecular pumps are delivered ready-to-use with controller including 3 m cable, splinter screen and ventilator.
Applications: Molecular distillation/sublimation, Tube furnace, Mass spectrometer, Leak detection, Research
About Welch Vacuum
Welch is a recognized provider of vacuum pumps, systems, and fittings for industrial, life sciences, and laboratory applications. We design, manufacture, and deliver products meeting the strictest requirements for mission-critical applications, and provide a comprehensive offering of products and great engineering capabilities to fit our customers’ needs.
As a reliable and trusted partner for OEMs, we stand up to the challenge of supplying best-in-class products and solutions on time to manufacturers of equipment in the life sciences, healthcare, and industrial segments.
Am Vogelherd 20, 98693 Ilmenau, Germany | +49 3677 604 1000